background

The Harvest ; March 21, 2013

Santo, Santo, Santo, yo quiero verte.

Holy, Holy, Holy, I want to see You. When I heard those words, sung by two dozen Guatemalan orphans, it tugged at my heart. And it changed my ideas of what my future might look like.

God gave me a picture that night in July of 2008. This small room where Guatemalans and Americans sat together, singing praises to the Father in Spanish and English, was like a fire burning brightly before Him. The surface of the earth is dotted with bright fires, each one a community of people worshiping Him, who corporately make up the body of Christ. Each fire is beloved and precious before God; He delights in each and every one, all over the world.

These are the places where "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ" (2 Cor. 4:6) is known, where the light of His glory shines in people's hearts. Where the light of the knowledge of the glory displayed in Jesus burns like a fire before God.

But what about the dark spots? The places where I AM is not glorified as God? The places where the name of Jesus Christ has never been heard?

"The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few."

These places without fires, without the burning light of the knowledge of God's glory, are abundant. From the dark places where false religions reign supreme, to the places where "enlightened" minds call Christianity a fairy tale.

"Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

By praying this prayer, in asking the Lord to send out missionaries into the world, I have come to a place where I desire to be the answer to my own prayer. Oh God, make me one of Your workers. Send me out to shine Your light!

God has clearly led me to the first step: the Harvest School of Missions in Pemba, Mozambique, run by Iris Ministries. This is not just a mission trip. This is training—learning by doing. Along with abundant time spent in worship, prayer, and classes, I will have ample opportunities to reach out to the Mozambican people through love, prayer, and service. After the two-month training in Mozambique, I am going on the outreach to Nepal, where my team will love on orphans and the poor on the streets, and go to villages with the Gospel.

Through this school, I am willing and expecting to be launched into a more specific, long-term ministry. I have faith that God will teach me and send me out. I trust that He will guide me to where He wants me to go after this summer.

Would you partner with me to send me to the Harvest School? I need to raise about $7000 to cover tuition, airfare, and outreach costs. Please consider sowing a financial seed into my training in missions. Any amount, however small, is immensely helpful, and I thank you with a very grateful heart! To donate and read more about the Harvest School, click this button:


Oh, may there be shining fires all over the world, among every people group on the earth, furnaces where people of all kinds love and worship our God. Where the light of the knowledge of His glory burns like a fire before Him.

11:46 AM  |  

post a comment (opens in a pop-up window)

Comments (0)

Previous Post Next Post